This year our summit was another huge success with over 1000 visitors to learn more on our indepth topics and hear from our thought leaders, industry experts and global panel discussions.
Each of our subject leads has collated their top 5 learnings on each of the topics.
You can still purchase an all-access ticket to the Global Summit for 12 months access happiness-at-work.teachable.com
How to build a positive work culture, curated by Maartje Wolff
1. Make a difference between transactional (bullet point meetings) and transformational interactions (campfire conversations).
2. As a manager keep 3 steps in mind when talking to your employees: recognise, verbalise and mobilise.
3. Make help and support a central value in your culture and build systems around it.
4. Coaching others should be your primary process: devote 1% of your time to coaching.
5. Create a North Star in which positivity is key and the existing dreams are connected (and make a manifesto!)
Mental health and happiness at work, curated by Kim Hilgert
1. You can not ask your employees to take responsibility for their resilience while the workplace makes them sick.
2. We need to take mental health from the negative of being ill, and we need to look at the positive side of thriving. Don’t cure your employees, help them to be their best self.
3. Good leaders check in regularly on their team members to notice changes quickly, but employees also have to take responsibility to talk about what they feel and need.
4. Let’s take away the stigma of talking about mental health issues.
5. Well-being programs should answer the needs of the employees. Just offering standard programs doesn’t mean they will be known or used. Listen to your people!
Psychological safety, curated by Fennande van der Meulen
1. Psychological Safety is the #1 factor in High Performing Teams.
2. Psychological safety fosters innovation, creativity and performance.
3 Psychological Safety starts with the leadership team, but is a shared responsibility.
4: Clarity on values, desired behaviour, goals, and purpose are important
5: Be a role model yourself! Start listening and asking questions instead of talking.
The link between happiness and money, curated by Griet Deca
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change! Money might not allow you to buy happiness, but it does help to create opportunities.
- Don’t underestimate the culture in which you live. If (talking about) money is taboo, it will be a bigger challenge to create a positive money mindset.
- Let’s not forget the win-win-win: when happiness kicks in, money will follow. Happy employees, happy teams, happy organizations lead to happy customers and a financial return. Everybody wins!
- Take care of your finances so that you can reach financial health because when it comes to happiness, you don’t live to work!
- Yes, there is a link between happiness and money and it depends entirely of the way you spend your money. Spending it on material stuff won’t help. Spend it on others and/or on experiences.
Flexible working, curated by Sarah Metcalfe
- Flexible working is not just about flexibility of hours. Flexibility encompasses where we work, how we work, with whom we work, what we work on and also when we work. It is important to look at all aspects of flexible working to make work more human shaped.
- The 4 day work week movement is gaining momentum, with pilots in governments around the world. But 4 day working is a catch phrase for reduced hours working. We need to look at the number of hours we currently work and look at how we can reduce those in a meaningful way to gain the benefits.
- Reduced hours working has major benefits in people’s health, company productivity, innovation and a wider impact on the climate. With less commuting and lower energy consumption.
- Start by reviewing each job role. What should you be doing? Be ruthless about reviewing what is wasted work that no longer serves you and the business.
- Use curiosity in your business to find out what you could be doing differently, how you could change, and how to bring people into the change and how to make your business better.